Tuesday, May 8, 2012

building a chicken coop {and bringing the country to me}

We have finally finished the chicken coop to house some of the newest additions to the family.







We designed and built this coop based upon two I had seen and loved.  Taking concepts from this one and this one into consideration, we modified and simplified into one that would work best for us and our yard.







It seems the older I get, the more I dream of living in the country and enjoying more of a simple, homemade life.  Maybe that will happen someday, but for now we will just have to bring part of the country to us.  If you dream of a country life too, check out some of my inspiration here.







Here's how our chicks looked when we bought them just before Easter, about 1 month ago.


















And here they are today--getting big so fast.







I don't want to bore you with a step-by-step process, but here are a few pictures to show the progression of the coop, from this:
















to this!




We are excited for this new adventure and love our chickens!  If you have any tips on raising chickens please leave a comment below, I would love to hear them--and we need all the help we can get!





keep primping,

No comments:

Post a Comment