Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shabby Pillow Revamp

Her is my version of the fabric flower pillow seen all around blogland.






I repurposed an old pillow cover from Ikea that was half red and half white. I cut it so I had a rectangular shaped pillow out of the white side and sewed it up.

I then took some leftover tan muslin, cut it into strips 2" wide. I then rolled and twisted the strip around and around itself to form the flower. The two smaller flowers were made with a slightly smaller strip of fabric. Once I had the flowers formed I sewed it a little bit to hold everything in place. The flowers are each a little different, which just adds to the charm of the pillow. This was a very quick and fun project. I love how it adds just a little bit of feminine frill to my sewing corner.

1 comment:

  1. I love this pillow. I've done one similar in my blog...I see your blog is fairly new as well..I became a follower...I know how hard it is to get people to find and see your work and how talented you are....you're style is so very similar to mine....
    feel free to check out my blog at http://shabbychicthriftyunique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete