Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homemade Salsa


I made homemade salsa for the first time and it was actually very easy!

I love my new (old) food scale I won off of ebay for 99 cents. (Not necessary for making salsa, I just wanted to take a picture of it.)

Here is the recipe developed by my neighbor Jennifer:

1 bunch cilantro
6 cups onions
1 gallon tomatoes (16 cups)(boil for 1 min., plunge in ice bath, then peel off skins)
2 cans tomato paste (12 oz)
juice from 3 limes
8 cloves garlic
3 jalepanos
12-15 tomatillos
1/2 C vinegar
1T cumin
3T salt
1T sugar

Chop everything in the food processor. This is delicious fresh or you can process it for jars. Makes 7 quarts.

I would have made this sooner if I'd known how easy it was, and it is sooooo good!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe I had misplaced mine for home made salsa.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete