Thursday, July 14, 2011

inspiration for a girl's room makeover

So I've been working on changing my daughters' room for a while now.  I've rearranged furniture, sold and replaced their dresser, and have been through 3 headboards (which I also refinished, then sold) and it just wasn't turning out the way I wanted it too.  So, I looked at my inspiration rooms again ...
{source: Dreamy Whites}
{source: French Larkspur}
{source: Home & Harmony}

{source: Simply Me}

 and realized they all have 3 common things: light gray walls, white bedding, and pink accents. I've been trying to get around painting my girls' room (although I love to paint furniture, I hate painting walls) but have come to realize that that is what I must do. Their room right now is a mossy green and so it doesn't matter what cute bed, dresser, etc. I put in there, it just will not look the way I want it to unless I paint. So I'm off to prime and paint, and hope to reveal their new room soon.


6 comments:

  1. What beautiful inspiration rooms. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that "inspiration rooms"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the room is going to be lovely, Michele. Have you tried the paint with the primer in it? I haven't but it sounds like it's easier and faster. I can't wait to see the finished room! Little girls are so much fun!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did my daughter's room...paint was Martha Stewart Whetstone grey color matched to Behr's paint and primer. It's beautiful and I love it! You have some of the same inspiration as I did! :) Can't wait to see the finished room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it's all you need to make it right! I too hate painting walls, but I'm sure it will be worth the effort in the end. Your inspiration rooms are gorgeous! Can't wait for the reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see it. Your ideas are so creative and pretty. Your creations give me a lot of my inspirations just as these rooms did for you, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete