Monday, June 11, 2012

plain garage door to carriage doors {how to primp your garage}

We just primped our garage doors.



Here's the before:



and just 10 minutes later:






I love the character it gives two simple garage doors.


The  inspiration came from this post (and which I pinned here).  I originally bought the hardware from Home Depot but was disappointed because the longest I could find the hinge/strap pieces were 8".  I searched online and ultimately bought this kit, which included longer 12" straps, which I really wanted, and for half the price of what I had paid at Home Depot.  For about $50 and only a few minutes of our time, we've added a lot of character to otherwise plain garage doors.  See what a little primping can do?





keep primping,

No comments:

Post a Comment