Monday, July 23, 2012

this is the post where I get to show off my union jack fever while at the same time being patriotic

I've had union jack fever for a while now, and have seen the design used in so many creative ways in home decor.  With the London Olympics starting in just a few days I wanted to make a bunting that would feed my fever and also help us get into the Olympic spirit.




I couldn't find a pre-made bunting, so I grabbed a pack of small British flags and sewed one myself.



 


 






I've seen some really cool furniture painted in the union jack design. And while I could never justify painting a large piece of furniture, I have finished some smaller projects in the past, including this pillow,


{go here to see full post}


and this stool,

{go here to see full post}


Here are some other favorite union jack designs as found on Pinterest:












And because my toes didn't want to be left out:


I'm looking forward to watching swimming and soccer. What will you watch?

keep primping, and Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment