Monday, January 23, 2012

doily heart garland {a ten minute valentine's project}

Here's a quick and easy heart garland made from paper doilies.



This idea has been sitting in my head for a few days,




and I finally was able to sit down and just do it.  I'm not sure why I waited, because it really only took about 10 minutes to do.




I flip back and forth between loving just whites and neutrals, to loving lots of color.  Right now I am more on the white/neutral side, so I wanted a valentine banner that wasn't screaming pink and red.
These white doilies were the perfect median.





I had these paper doilies on hand because I use them to wrap my etsy shipments in, but I know you can buy them at Target, Walmart, and probably just about any craft store.  I simply stacked a few together, folded in half and cut a half heart shape.  Then I opened and strung them with red and white baker's twine, for just a teeny bit of color.





I love how the light shines through!











Pin It




Do you notice a little head above here?



That's my little helper, who always seems to find her way into my photos.






Speaking of my little helper, I tried a little hair-do on her, a little heart twist, inspired by this on pinterest. That's about as fancy as we get around here.




 
Don't forget, today is the last day to enter to win one of these:




Giveaway ends today at 5:00 pm MST
{go here to enter}



keep primping,

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment