Monday, February 27, 2012

a grain sack industrial stool


 


Projects have been few and far between around here as of late.  Maybe because I haven't had as much time to work on projects lately, or because it has been harder to find furniture to refinish.  So instead I have been left to redo redo's.  This stool was found at the thrift store a while ago.  I can't remember what the original color of the seat was, but I had painted it blue, and soon got bored with it.  It is made out of some sort of vinyl material that is perfect for painting.  Because I am still enamored with grain sacks, I decided to give it a little faux treatment.With a little tan and red paint, and some masking tape, I was able to complete this in a mere 20 minutes, including drying time.  I love the industrial look of the base.


I have been on the hunt for "new" old stools lately, with little luck.  Here are a few I would love to find,


and this one is so charming in all it's rustic goodness.





I would love to eventually have a variety of old industrial stools surrounding my island.  You've got to start somewhere--I think this is a good start.

Pin It

keep primping,




No comments:

Post a Comment